November 13th-19th is National Geography Awareness Week. Here are some digital tools students can use to “step outside their neighborhood” and be global learners.
- Smartypins is a geography trivia game to help students learn about their world.
- GeoGuessr “Encourages students to observe and draw conclusions from geographical differences, pay attention to detail, think critically, take risks, research, self-assess, and try again.” ~Review from Common Sense Media.
- National Geographic Mapmaker Interactive is an online mapping tool that allows students to explore and interact with maps.
- Google Maps is helpful for viewing specific landforms or locating settings in literature.
- How about considering a Mystery Skype/Hangout?